Hellens Residential Privacy Statement
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and understand the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know how we manage it.
This notice only applies to Hellens Residential (or its subsidiaries) activities including our website. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Trust and transparency
Your trust is very important to us and we are committed to keeping your data safe and secure. We will never sell your personal details to anyone and will only use your data for the purposes to which we inform you. We will always explain clearly what information we are collecting about you and why we need it
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hellensresidential.co.uk This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- We may collect your name and contact details, personal information in relation to tenancy agreements, rent payments, and repairs or job applications.
- When you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web server logs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data.
Website related IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual specifically and we will not collect personal information in this way.
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information
We may require the information in order to provide you with a service, and we may also need your permission. We will explain that at the time you are asked to provide the information.
We will use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable us to provide you with the Housing Management service you have entered into an agreement for, to pay your rent, to report a repair to apply for a job online,
- For internal record keeping
- To analyse and improve our services
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Who we will share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties without your consent unless there is a legitimate business reason, as required by law or other legal processes which requires us to do so. We use third-party suppliers and sub-contractors in some parts of our business who will require some of your personal information in order to complete work for us. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud or crime prevention or detection and credit risk reduction.
- We will never sell your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, digital and operational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you at the point of collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at Rachel.Bradley@hellens.co.uk
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Access to information is free unless the information provided is excessive and if so, may be subject to a minimal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Once an access request has been submitted formally with the correct information for us to be able to reply, the information will be provided within 30 days.
You have the right to have inaccurate information updated and where notified, we will ensure this is carried out quickly, and you have the right for information to be erased as long as we do not need to maintain that information for legal or other relevant needs e.g. we could not erase all of your information if you are one of our current housing tenants. We will also ensure that anyone we have agreed to share that information with also complies.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and we advise that you check this page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this privacy statement please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 594 6666.